How did we ever manage?

Monday 19 April 2010

I'm feeling rather down at the moment.  A very integral part of my life has gone astray today.  I feel disconnected, lonely and anxious.  Why?  My kid chewed my blackberry to its horrid death. And I can't even say that it was fast and painless.  Nope it was a lengthy and very soggy process. Poor thing.  And poor me!  Thing is, the incident happened while I was on an outing with Yousef, so I was left for much of the day worrying if something were to go wrong and I wouldn't be able to call anyone.  I was literally worrying, what if I get a flat tire?  What if I run out of gas?  As you can see, I'm not a fix it yourself kinda girl.  Dubai doesn't exactly have pay phones on every corner, maybe it does, I wouldn't know. On top of that I suddenly felt like I had something very important to say to about 5 people.  And I suddenly felt the need to follow up on a few admin type of things.  It was just awful.  I tried to get angry at the little one, but the look of happiness and satisfaction he had when I just surrendered the dead phone to him made it all worth it.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!