Breathe in and out

Wednesday 7 April 2010

I think I attended a ninja training class yesterday.  That's what it felt like anyway.  


I'm not exactly an athletic person.  I do go through phases of going to the gym for a few weeks at a time, but I haven't had one of these phases since I got pregnant, so let's see... that's 9 months + 7 months... you get the point.  I recently started going to a Pilates Reformer class because my back has been aching from carrying Yousef around, and well... I see what women who practice Pilates look like and I wanna look like them.  So I started about two weeks ago and I'm totally loving it.  I decided to try another class since I'm in the groove, so I went to a Yogalites class yesterday.  This is a mix of Yoga and Pilates.  I'm not a big fan of the whole meditation, imagining rainbows in the sky stuff (I never understood how to 'not think of anything' or 'keep my mind blank', how is that possible for any woman to do?!)  So I never really gave Yoga a chance and I was a little skeptical going into this class.  But I was pleased that there was very little of that, and a lot more sweating.  A LOT OF SWEATING.  It was probably one of the hardest workouts I've done and the way I am sore today proves it.  At one point in the session, I started laughing at what was expected of us.  At another point, I was literally trying to find a way to sneak out unnoticed.  I was that girl who kept losing her balance or having to take a break.  And what made matters worse was that there was a 37 week pregnant woman who was doing everything!  She's my hero.  


When it was finally over, 90 minutes later, I left not knowing what hit me.  On my way out I signed up for class number 2.



BTW, both the Pilates Reformer and the Yogalites classes are at the lovely Zen Yoga in Dubai. 
http://www.yoga.ae

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!