Bliss it is

Monday 8 February 2010

So, it is probably a little strange that I am a Dubai-ian and my first post is about a place in Beirut, but I'm here for a few days and this city inspires me in all sorts of ways. I love the vibe and the never boring night life. I love the contrasts you see in the smallest things like the three cab rides I took today, the first had someone reciting the Quran on the radio, the second had some French singer blasting and the third had hardcore house music playing. Most of all, I LOVE the food in this city.  Whether it's the proper Lebanese restaurant up in the mountains or the cosy french bistro in downtown.  But my favourite place of all, as simple as it is, is Bliss House. This is a tiny restaurant located on Bliss street opposite the American University of Beirut, where you make your order at the cashier and then stand and watch the cooks quickly put together the yummiest sandwiches ever, that you get to enjoy hanging out on Bliss Street.  


Now, anyone who knows me would say that I love every "junk food" option there is out there, but this is different. This is where the perfect combination of fresh ingredients, amazing sauce and a touch of greasiness come together to melt in your mouth. For anyone who will read this and happen to visit this fabulous city, please please try either a chicken fajita sandwich or a philly steak sandwich, or both. Oh and preferably after a night on the town. Yum!


How fancy?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!