Wanna discover new cookbooks?

Thursday 26 January 2012

I love love love cookbooks.  I have a small collection that I am quite proud of, and one of my favorite things to do when I have some time to myself is to go to a bookstore and flip through new cookbooks that inspire me and get my mouth watering.  (On that note, for anyone who enjoys doing that and happens to be in London, you MUST check out Books for Cooks in Notting Hill, yes a whole shop of just cookbooks! Heaven!!) 


So back to my point. I've discovered the very cool Tournament of Cookbooks created by Food52. This is apparently the third year where 16 of the most popular cookbooks (of 2011) compete against each other for the sought after piglet award. The books are judged by 17 of the top food writers and chefs around, who really share their thoughts on the look and feel of the books, how the books inspire them as well as the success rate of some recipes they personally try.  There is a total of 5 rounds which gradually narrows down the competition to a winner.  Not only do you get amazing insights into these stunning books, but you also get insights into these food personalities that are judging the books.   




You can check out all the action here. I'm off to amazon to make a few orders now ;)

2 comments:

  1. Dalia you should check out the Emirates Literature Festival, there are a ton of chefs coming, including Ariana Bundy who is launching her new cookbook, Pomegranate and Rose. She's Iranian and a Cordon Bleu chef!

    ReplyDelete