2012 Golden Globes

Tuesday 17 January 2012

I love Awards season.  I get to sit in front of my TV and/or computer and just judge all the celebrities walking the red carpet (usually I comment out loud like someone is actually listening).  So here are the looks that stood out to me.

Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace. Of course she looked stunning, and the dress was quite unique in terms of its color combination and structure, but she just looked so stiff walking the red carpet.  Relax Angie!

Nicole Kidman in Versace. I actually really like this gown. Love the embellishment and the cut is super flattering, that even Nicole looks sexy.

Michelle Williams in Jason Wu. She is so cute, and she definitely has a unqiue, quirky and demure style so I guess this works for her. Sort of.

Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci. She's the girl of the moment.  She not only knows how to pick the right pieces for the red carpet but she pulls off the whole effortless cool thing.  


Emma Stone in Lanvin. I really liked this look. The color combination is unexpected and it just works, and I'm loving the funky details with the shoulders and the belt.  

Lea Michele in Marchesa. Maybe it's because her features can already make her look a little drag queenish that I just feel this dress was the wrong choice. It's just a bit show-girly-manly if that makes sense.

Salma Hayek in Gucci. Wow. Definitely one of the serious hits of the night.

Zooey Deschanel in Prada. What was she thinking? Pixel-like design? Bad idea. Neon green? Come on! Weird wig-like hair do? Now she's just laughing. Right?

Claire Danes in J. Mendel. She looked so great in this.  It's sexy and smart, and the back is fabulous too. (I also want to add that I'm so happy she won Best Actress for her role in Homeland, she rocks and the show does too!)

Amanda Peet in Marc Jacobs. This looks like a really really bad Bridal Barbie dress made in human size.

Natalie Portman in Lanvin. This was very dissapointing. And confusing! What is holding the side of the dress that way?!

Sarah Michelle Gellar in Monique Lhuillier. This is hurting my eyes. Make it stop. Now.

Jessica Alba in Gucci. While she can look good in just about anything, I found this dress to be so dull. It looks like something a mother of the bride would wear. And the clutch is just upsetting me.



Images: E Online, MarieClaire

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!