SAG Awards 2012 Fashion

Monday 30 January 2012

There were a lot of looks that I really loved at the SAGs and I'm happy to see black gowns back in play. As always, here are the red carpet looks that struck a chord with me. 

Amber Heard in Zac Posen. Love the cutouts, love the simplicity, love the hair. She just looks really cool.   

Zoe Saldana in Givency Haute Couture. What is that? Seriously. There are sharp spikes on the neck line and sleeves which look so odd with the material and color, then there's all that bejewled action around the waist. And little jewels lining the whole thing. That poor girl!

Michelle Williams in Valentino.  Again, a dress that's totally her and she looks really pretty.  I'm not sure about the shoes though, they do seem quite heavy. 

Emma Stone in Alexander McQueen.  The reason she looks so good is because you can tell she loves fashion and actually has a good time dressing up.  

Rose Byrne in Elie Saab. She rocks.

Kristen Wiig in Balenciaga.  Kristen: "This dress is such a snooze fest. Let me whip out a choker from the 90's that works perfectly with the halter neckline and grab my mother's clutch and I'm all set." Rigghhtt.

Angelina Jolie in Jenny Packham.  She's back to black and she looks absolutely stunning.  Her jewelry was really cool too, but I'd rather post this shot with her best accessory.


Sofia Vergara in Marchesa.  Yes, yes stunning as usual.  Nothing unexpected here. 


Lea Michele in Atelier Versace.  I really liked this.  The pale gray is perfect for a dress that otherwise screams for attention.  She looks very feminine and sexy. 


Natalie Portman in Giambattista Valli.  I love this.  It's so simple and still so stylish.  I wouldn't mind having those earrings too.  I was going to say maybe the hair and makeup could've been more dramatic, but nope, she looks perfect.

Images: Glamour

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!