Big girls don't cry?

Saturday 31 July 2010


I turned 32 yesterday. Ukh.  I remembered a funny thing that happened a few weeks ago at the play area I've been taking my son to.  Part of the play area is only for kids up to the age of 3. This little girl who was older wanted to play in that area, but wasn't allowed to.  She got very upset and started crying and throwing a fit.  Her mom was calmly trying to make her feel better, so she cheerfully tells her "sweetie you can't play here because you are now a biiiigggg girl!" The girl's response (in between sobs) was "BUT I DON'T WANNA BE A BIG GIRL!!".  I started laughing and the mother gave me a death look.  I apologized and just said that I thought that was very cute. It was also something that I totally related to.  Sigh... 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!