Oscar gowns

Monday 15 March 2010

Sorry I'm a little late with this... I just got back from Thailand, and my mind is actually still there.  


I didn't watch the Oscar ceremony but I did get to scope the red carpet online, and can I just say I am totally surprised Sandra Bullock won best actress.  I haven't seen the film but... it's Sandra Bullock!  Ok I'll move on to the fashion.  I'm sure everyone has seen the gowns, so I'm just going to pick the ones I really liked or really disliked.


Sandra Bullock in Marchesa - Might as well start with her. Really.. best actress? This is a very beautiful gown.  The embroidery makes it classy and the colour makes it modern.  Not sure about the shade of lipstick, I guess she wanted to make it a little more fun.


Jennifer Lopez in Armani Prive - It just looks soooo uncomfortable.  
Demi Moore in Atelier Versace - Love this dress.  It's very pretty, and the ruffles and layers are balanced with a beautiful toned down peach color.  


Zoe Saldana in Givenchy Haute Couture - This looks like one dress that's over another dress.  It's confusing me and there is so much going on, I don't even know where to look. 


Kristen Stewart in Monique Lhuillier - Love this dress.  It has attitude.  A piece of jewelry would've been nice.  By the way, this girl needs to work on her posture. 


Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab - I don't like this actress at all.  I think she ruined The Time Traveller's Wife and was trying to do the same with Sherlock Holmes.  But I must say, this is my favorite gown of the night.  It's very simple yet eye-catching.  I want one.


Nicole Richie in Reem Acra - This dress would be OK for Meryl Streep, no offense Meryl, it's just not young enough for Nicole.


Sarah Jessica Parker in Chanel Couture - Love this.  It's different.  Elegant with a nice funky twist on the bust line. 


Diane Kruger in Chanel - This is one of those gowns that wouldn't work on everyone.  I wouldn't wear it, but I like it on her.  It's vintagy but also modern and playful.  


Penelope Cruz in Donna Karan - She knows which colors work for her.  Classic and beautiful.


Charlize Theron in Christian Dior - She is going to look back at this and smack herself on the head.  What was she thinking?  Yes, I like having two flowers on my boobies.  


Vera Farmiga in Marchesa - The concept is nice, but the execution is not.  There is way way too much of these fan type of ruffles going on here.  She almost looks like a huge napkin. 


Miley Cyrus in Jenny Packham - I want to point something out.  This is the first and last time I will compliment this girl (after all my age is in the double digits).  This is a very beautiful dress.  Love the details and the color.  


Cameron Diaz in Oscar de la Renta - She looks very pretty.  She's showing us her girlier side here and it works.  


Images: InStyle

1 comment:

  1. Dalia I love your posts!! You are so funny and right on the money honey! You go girl!
    xxxx,
    Lucia.
    www.watotodesign.com

    ReplyDelete