Maxim Shmaxim

Monday 20 September 2010

A few months ago, men's magazine Maxim released their infamous Maxim's Hot 100 list.  This is a list of the top 100 hottest female celebrities of the year.  Men love it as it's a great collection of pictures of 100 ummm HOT women in 1 magazine, so it simplifies their lives.  I love it (you do too admit it!) because I get to scrutinize these women and compare them to each other, as well as analyse the male psyche.  Every year there are many entries that I 'approve' of and many that I gawk at the thought of them even being considered.  I recently got my hands on this year's list, and I gawked unpleasantly quite a bit, especially at the top 5:
  • No. 5 Megan Fox  - OK, she is stunning, she can be part of the top five.  So it's the top 4 that pissed me off.
  • No. 4 Blake Lively - Come on!! The way her lips crumple up every time she mumbles something is one of the most annoying things in the world.  Yes she has a fantastic figure and great style, but I still find her borrriiinnngg.  Plus Blair kicks her butt in G.G.
  • No. 3 Zoe Saldana - Look... she's attractive, she is.  But give me a break! Did her publicist pay Maxim's editors?  I think she got enough publicity from Avatar no?  
  • No. 2 Brooklyn Decker - Yes she has to be hot to be a Sports Illustrated model, but top 5? Don't think so.  Again... boorrrriinnnggggg!  No I don't think all blondes are boring, promise!
  • No. 1 KATY PERRY - Seriously?! I mean she's pretty, but this is who you choose to put as the number one hottest woman of the moment?  This is the girl we should be secretly envying? The same girl who wore a dress that lit up on the red carpet?! The same girl engaged to that hairy, skinny guy? 
Just for fun, here is who I would have selected as top 10 (in no particular order):
  1. Jennifer Connelly - She can look angelic, smart and sexy all at once
  2. Rose Byrne - Elegant and classy
  3. Marion Cotillard - Sexy and sophisticated with attitude, ah ze French
  4. Milla Jovovich - I saw her sitting in a cafe, zero makeup, wow!  Oh and she's one of those people who have 50 talents, actress, musician, fashion designer
  5. Angelina Jolie - Ok she may need to gain a few pounds but she IS half of the coolest couple ever!
  6. Jessica Biel - She has grown on me in the last year.  J.T.... yes she is up to your standard
  7. Freja Beha - The 'IT' model of the moment.  She oozes coolness, Tom Ford agrees.
  8. Jessica Szohr - This girl is so stunning AND she's dating Ed Westwick a.k.a Chuck Bass a.k.a. my latest crush.
  9. Rosie Huntington Whiteley - I first saw her in a Burberry campaign a couple of years back and still think she is one of the most beautiful women ever.  There must be a flaw... ugly toes perhaps?
  10. Scarlett Johansson - She looks better and better with every film she's in, did you see her in He's not that into you or even in the latest Mango campaign?
A few of these have been on "my list" for a few years, which makes them even more special.  They just get more beautiful with age!  A few are new entries like Jessica Szohr and Marion Cotillard.  What makes these ladies top my list, other than the fact that they are gorgeous is that there is something classic and natural about their beauty and the way they carry themselves.  Also, I want to look like them. 




Images: ABC Entertainment News, The Cinema Source, The Hit List, Supermodels.nl, Jessica Szohr

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!