Emmy Awards 2010

Thursday 2 September 2010

I feel bad that I've been M.I.A. in the last few weeks.  I've been traveling around.  My best friend had her wedding in Lebanon (Congrats again Carol!!!) so I was quite busy with that, plus the internet there wasn't as accessible as I would've liked.  In any case, I'm back.  Just in time for the Emmy's.  I have to say, I was super thrilled that Modern Family won best comedy, it's a brilliant show with a perfect cast.  I was also happy that Jim Parsons won best actor in a comedy, as Dr. Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory.  I have a HUGE crush on Sheldon! Does that make me weird?  And of course, I was super happy that Top Chef won best reality show instead of Amazing Race, if you haven't watched it and you love food, you have to check it out.   Ok, so that's my two cents on the awards, now on to more important stuff.


Christina Hendricks in Zac Posen.  She made curves hot again, VERY hot.  This dress is a perfect compliment to her figure as well as her colors.  It's feminine and hugs the body in all the right places. 


Anna Paquin in Alexander McQueen - I have mixed feelings about this army/matador inspired gown.  I actually like the top part, but find everything from below the chest very unflattering.  


January Jones in Versace - While I wouldn't be caught dead wearing this, I like it on her. The girl's got guts.  It's playful and very modern.  It would've been cooler without the long train though, I hate trains.


Lea Michele in Oscar de la Renta.  Mermaid hem with tonnes of ruffles and it's still gorgeous! Stranger things have happened I guess.  Love that her hair is so natural to balance the glamour of the gown.


Rose Byrne in Gucci.  I love her.  She's great in Damages and I think she is absolutely stunning. The 70's inspired gold accents, and the sexy cut outs work really nicely together without being OTT.  Not sure about the hair though, a little too 'just got out of bed'?


Julie Benz in Pamella Roland.  While she totally bores me on Dexter, I found this really beautiful. Very simple with a nice touch with the cutout at the waist.  


Eva Longoria in Robert Rodriguez - This is probably the most unflashy I've seen Eva ever, which is a good thing.  Doesn't she get bored of the mermaid hem?  


Julie Bowen in J. Mendel.  My husband always thought she was cute on Modern Family and I never understood why, until now.  She looks fantastic here.  Love the gown (obviously I'm a fan of this color) and love the simplicity of her look.


Toni Collette in Valentino.  This is so lovely.  It's dramatic and simple at the same time.  Very unique.  Love it. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!