Me time must

Friday 8 February 2013

I just got back from a little break in London. By little break, I mean 4 very precious days ALONE. Packing was so easy! No baby bottles or sterilising tablets, no changing bag and no carry on stuffed with puzzles and sticker books. I actually forgot what it's like to walk through an airport with just my handbag. Of course I was a little anxious about leaving the kids and my husband alone, I had images of the house exploding and my kids running loose on the street. I was also sad and choked up for about 5 minutes into the flight. Then it all dissolved and a sense of calm washed over me instead. I spent 4 days of walking for miles, shopping, having coffee (or the occasional glass of wine) whenever I wanted. I read. I slept. I spent time with a few close friends. And I shopped some more. Now 4 days may not seem like much, well to any singles anyway. But any mom would know that it's just enough. And I highly recommend it. Actually I insist you do it at least once a year. Make it your 2013 resolution. Work on buttering up whatever family you will need to help babysit. Decide on what kind of break will refuel you best, whether its a yoga retreat, a secluded beach or like me, some serious retail therapy. And do it. 



Image: Cig Harvey

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!