Oscar Red Carpet Review

Monday 28 February 2011

Hollywood's (and one of the Fashion industry's) biggest night just took place.  The 83rd Academy Awards at the Kodak theatre in L.A.  Which only means one thing, it's time to play 'Fashion Police' again.


Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang - LOVE this. Definitely my favorite look of the night - strong, modern and still very glamorous.


Penelope Cruz in L'Wren Scott - This is terrible. She looked tacky with that flame inspired design. And seriously, didn't she JUST have a baby? Like yesterday? Ukh, I don't even have a figure like that now, a year and a half after having mine.


Natalie Portman in Rodarte - In case it wasn't obvious from previous posts, I love her. She's super talented, classy and absolutely stunning. The Best Actress looked great as usual, how cute are the accessories?



Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott - I like this. This is not an easy cut to wear, but she pulled it off. I think the deep blue keeps it looking modern and the accessories give that extra 'umph'. Note to my husband: I like that necklace.


Halle Berry in Marchesa - I'm bored of this kind of gown, been done way too many times. Oh and I'm bored of Halle's hair.


Michelle Williams in Chanel - Didn't she wear this before?  I'm sure I've seen her in something like this at least once before. Not the kinda thought you want in people's heads at the Oscars Michelle!! This dress is so unflattering, it's a shame.  


Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein Collection - How cool is this?! It's so original and sexy. Love it. Love her bronze makeup combination too.  


Mila Kunis in Elie Saab - I'm not sure how I feel about this dress. I hate the color, but I kind of like the vintage twist. Maybe if it were in black? Or a dark purple?


Anne Hathaway in Valentino - This is pretty. Classic, with a nice twist. She reminds me of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman... I mean that in a good way.


Cate Blanchett in Givenchy - Is that a Roman shield? Is it an antique dining chair??


Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana - I'm totally in love with the latest Dolce & Gabbana collection, so I'm totally in love with this gown. The color rocks. Scarlett, what's up with that tattoo on your arm? 


Hilary Swank in Gucci Premier - She looks like a reptile slithering down the red carpet. 


Marisa Tomei in Charles James - This is so bad! It looks like she made this at home... an hour before showing up.  Or maybe it's her old prom dress? On a more positive note, does this woman ever grow older? She looks 19!! She's 46!!!




Images: People.com, Just Jared,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!