BAFTA & Grammy Fashion

Monday 14 February 2011

Two big awards events on the same night... BAFTAs at the Royal Opera House in London and The Grammy's in Staples Center in Los Angeles.  I could barely keep up!


Some of the looks in London:
Emma Watson in Valentino - as much as I love this girl and her style, I hate this look.  She just looks like a little girl trying on her mom's old gown.


Amy Adams in Elie Saab - she looks very pretty in this 70's inspired dress.  This is glitter done right.

Jessica Alba in Atelier Versace - Sigh. 

Emma Stone in Lanvin.  I LOVE this two tone gown.  Simplicity can be very hot. 

Thandie Newton in Monique Lhuillier.  This is a bit much for me.  The dramatic cut, the color and the pattern all combined make me just want to add a bow on her hair or something.  

Eva Green in Tom Ford - this just made me very sad.  Something went very wrong here... I can't pinpoint what though.  Ugly dress? Yes.  Strange hair with unflattering roots? Perhaps.  No accessories to save the look? Indeed.

Natasha McElhone in Escada - WHY WHY WHY the gloves?!  I don't care if its freezing in London, there is no excuse. 


These are some of the Grammy's looks.  Of course the Grammy's are more about rock and roll, disco balls and well... Lady Gaga, so they should be and are more "colorful". But some looks are downright off.

Jennifer Lopez in Emilio Pucci - She's back with a vengeance, and she looks great.

Rihanna in Jean Paul Gaultier - If you could've seen my face when I first saw this.  She looks like a Stepford wife that got attacked by tulle, then had some odd bug eat through it.  If a friend of mine ever wanted to wear something like this, I would literally slap her. 

Esperanza Spalding in (unknown) - Seriously am I missing something? What's going on?  I'm dizzy.  At least she's super talented. But the shoes! I need a break.


Lady Gaga in ummm....  Egg?  At least we got a hint of what planet she's from. 

Katy Perry in Giorgio Armani - This is beginning to look more like some odd costume party.  I'm more concerned with the designers who are producing this stuff.  BTW her wings did light up, you know, just in case you were wondering.
I give up. 








1 comment:

  1. Dalia you are so funny! I love this post. On the dot, like always, and boy did it make me laugh! Keep up the great work chica!

    ReplyDelete