Mirror, mirror on the rubber wall

Sunday 27 June 2010



I just came back from taking my son to an indoor play area close by and was rather entertained while I was there.  There was a group of mothers who looked so out of place, actually they almost looked like they were living in a totally different world than the one I was in.  They were totally done up. Totally!  Hair was perfect, full make up, each of them in a dress and sky high wedges or heels.  I wont even get into the jewelry.  Meanwhile, I'm in my flared jeans and sneakers, with my hair tied back and zero make up.  Don't get me wrong, I am definitely all for mothers taking time to care for their looks and make sure they don't lose that side of themselves just because they have a baby.  That's partially what this is blog is about I think.  But come on, this is a play area!  It's 2pm!  At that time of day, I wouldn't even look like that if I was 25 and single!
I probably would have taken 2 or 3 more minutes getting ready to go had I known the wannabe footballers' wives would be there.  The funny thing was that they really looked like they were competing as to who looked the hottest, they barely noticed their own kids.  Maybe I'm being a little harsh.  Maybe not.


Image: Sarah Klassen via weheartit.com

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!